Is there something you’re curious about, a skill you want to learn? Choose something specific, then decide how you want to learn about it.
If you’re feeling ambitious:
- Take a class! Is there a community college or university near you? See if you can enroll for a course as a non-degree student, or take a continuing education course.
- Read a book.
- Take an online course–check out Coursera for free online college-level courses.
- Download the iTunes U app for free classes from major universities.
If you need something easy:
- Watch a TED Talk–if this is new to you, TED Talk is a blog with video lectures given by opinion leaders in many different fields. Subjects are as varied as introversion, happiness, and quantum mechanics. The talks are usually 3-20 minutes long. Here’s a link to 12 of TED’s most inspiring talks.
- Look something up on Wikepedia.
What did you learn about today?