Daily Shoring is written by Deann Ware, Ph.D., a licensed psychologist.
The foundation of the Daily Shoring blog is the 90 Day Series: Daily Tips for Emotional Well Being.
I’ve organized 3 months of daily activities to improve coping skills, increase productivity, build healthier habits, and manage stress, anxiety, and depression.
Each Daily Shoring tip is meaningful but manageable, and focuses on a specific psychological concept or activity to build emotional well being and resilience.
Whether you’re going through a tough time, struggling with depression or anxiety, or just want to enhance your emotional well being and productivity, this blog is for you.
To start working toward a healthier, more resilient life, sign up now:
If you don’t want to receive emails but want to read the daily tips in order (recommended) you can easily access them here (without having to scroll to the beginning of the blog). It’s not necessary to start at the beginning, but there is a benefit, as some of the tips build on one another. But don’t make it complicated–do what’s easiest for you. An activity a day is the goal.
In addition to the foundational Daily Shoring 90 Day Series, I write occasional articles related to emotional well being. If you subscribe, you’ll receive the 90 Day Series as well as occasional newsletters when I publish a new article.
How to Use the Daily Shoring 90 Day Series:
The easiest way to use Daily Shoring is to do one activity each day!
If you want to keep it simple, no need to read on–just do one activity each day.
For those who want more structure or challenge:
You may find it helpful to print the activity and make notes about how you incorporated that day’s tip, along with your thoughts, feelings, and reactions. You can make this simple (“Stretched for 10 minutes, felt more relaxed physically and mentally”) or more detailed–whatever works for you.
At the end of the Daily Shoring 90 Day Series, take a mental inventory:
- Are there tasks you would like to repeat?
- Are there tasks you need to repeat, i.e., cleaning up your sleep hygiene?
- Are there tasks that would be beneficial at a more demanding level?
- Are there tasks you would like to incorporate into your ongoing daily or weekly routine?If you’re in the Dallas area and would like to meet with me professionally, please visit my practice website at www.warewellness.com
- If you want to receive the full series again, in order, subscribe again! The daily reminder may be helpful and you can challenge yourself more the second time around. And I periodically update the 90 Day Series, so you may come across new information.
Deann Ware, Ph.D.